Departmental Honors in Economics
Honors in Economics
The Honors Program for Economics, Applied Economics, and Math-Economics Majors
The honors program is designed to encourage in-depth study and research at a level that approaches graduate school. For honors in the Department of Economics, the senior thesis is defended and then, if approved, revisions are made.
To qualify for honors in economics, students must
- major in economics, applied economics, or math-economics
- have an overall GPA of at least 3.0
- have a GPA of at least 3.3 in economics courses
- have the recommendation of their senior thesis sponsor
- defend their senior thesis before a panel of faculty
- carry out any revisions suggested by the faculty panel
For more information about this program, contact Elia Kacapyr at firstname.lastname@example.org.