- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading audition materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an audition.
- Step 5: Audition
PLEASE NOTE: The Early Action/Early Decision option will not be offered to applicants in musical theatre or acting, due to the timing of the audition process.
The Regular Admissions Deadline for the Common Application and the Acceptd application for BFA Acting has passed.
You will not receive any further notification regarding your prescreening until your applications (Common Application and Acceptd) are complete.
All candidates will be asked to upload the following to Acceptd:
- A brief résumé (.pdf), including theatrical activities in high school, during summers, honors and awards received, leadership activities or offices held, and other significant non-theatrical activities.
- A current headshot or recent photo (.pdf).
- Two memorized contrasting monologues, each of which is no more than one minute in length. Please upload a separate video for each monologue.
Note: Monologues must be memorized and rehearsed. The character should be within your age range. Your goal should not be to show us how far you can stretch. We are looking for your ability to play the actions inherent in the text and to reveal the inner life of the character as it intersects with your own experience, imagination and understanding.
For Your Audition
If an invitation for a live audition is extended, it is expected that you will present the same monologues uploaded to Acceptd for the pre-screen application. Please bring one copy of your headshot and résumé to the audition.
Ithaca College, 953 Danby Road, Dillingham Center Lobby
- Saturday, Dec 8
- Saturday, Jan 26
- Saturday, Feb 2
- Saturday, Feb 16
Atlanta (cancelled as of 12/17/18)
New York City
Pearl Studios, 500 Eighth Avenue, New York
- Friday, Jan 18
- Saturday, Jan 19
- Sunday, Jan 20
Palmer House Hilton, 17 East Monroe Street, Room TBA
- Monday, Feb 4
- Tuesday, Feb 5
- Wednesday, Feb 6
- Thursday, Feb 7
Westin Los Angeles Airport, 5400 W Century Blvd, Room TBA
- Saturday, Feb 9
If you are invited to audition for us but are not able to travel to one of our audition sites, you may request that we use your prescreen application as your audition. Please be sure to sign up for the "Video Audition" session.
updated 12/17/18 12:21 p.m.