- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading audition materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an audition.
- Step 5: Audition
PLEASE NOTE: The Early Action/Early Decision option will not be offered to applicants in musical theatre or acting, due to the timing of the audition process.
The Early Decision Deadline for the Common Application and the Acceptd application is November 1st for B.F.A. Theatrical Production & Design, B.A. Theatre Studies, B.S. Theatre Arts Management only.
The Regular Admissions Deadline for the Common Application and the Acceptd application is December 1st.
You will not receive any further notification regarding your prescreening until your applications (Common Application and Acceptd) are complete.
All candidates will be asked to upload the following to Acceptd:
- A brief résumé (.pdf), including theatrical activities in high school, during summers, honors and awards received, leadership activities or offices held, and other significant non-theatrical activities.
- A current headshot or recent photo (.pdf).
- Two memorized contrasting monologues, each of which is no more than one minute in length. Please upload a separate video for each monologue.
Note: Monologues must be memorized and rehearsed. The character should be within your age range. Your goal should not be to show us how far you can stretch. We are looking for your ability to play the actions inherent in the text and to reveal the inner life of the character as it intersects with your own experience, imagination and understanding.
For Your Audition
If an invitation for a live audition is extended, it is expected that you will present the same monologues uploaded to Acceptd for the pre-screen application. Please bring one copy of your headshot and résumé to the audition.
Ithaca College, 953 Danby Road, Dillingham Center Lobby
- Saturday, Dec 9 (Early Decision)
- Saturday, Jan 27
- Saturday, Feb 3
- Saturday, Feb 17
New York City
NOLA Studios, 250 West 54th Street, 11th Floor, Studio A
- Friday, Jan 19
- Saturday, Jan 20
- Sunday, Jan 21
Palmer House Hilton, 17 East Monroe Street, 7th Floor, Room TBA
- Monday, Feb 5
- Tuesday, Feb 6
- Wednesday, Feb 7
- Thursday, Feb 8
Westin LAX, 5400 West Century Blvd, Room TBA
- Saturday, Feb 10
If you are invited to audition for us but are not able to travel to one of our audition sites, you may request that we use your prescreen application as your audition. Please be sure to sign up for the "Video Audition" session.
updated 8/16/17 1:50 p.m.