Theatre Studies (B.A.)
APPLICATIONS FOR THE FALL OF 2021 WILL OPEN IN SEPTEMBER.
APPLICATION INFORMATION FOR THE 2021-20 ADMISSIONS CYCLE WILL BE UPDATED LATER THIS SUMMER.
- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading interview materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an interview.
- Step 5: Interview (either in-person or by phone/skype)
PLEASE NOTE: The Early Action option will not be offered to applicants in music or theatre due to the timing of the audition and interview process.
The Early Decision Deadline for the Common Application and the Acceptd application is November 1st for B.F.A. Theatrical Production & Design, B.A. Theatre Studies, B.S. Theatre Arts Management only.
The deadline for applying to B.F.A Theatre Production & Design, B.A. Theatre Studies and B.S. Theatre Arts Management is February 1st, 2020. Please complete your Common App and Acceptd profile by this deadline. This deadline has been extended.
You will not receive any further notification regarding your prescreening until your applications (Common Application and Acceptd) are complete.
All candidates will be asked to upload the following to Acceptd using PDF format:
- A brief résumé, including theatrical activities in high school, during summers, honors and awards received, leadership activities or offices held, and other significant non-theatrical activities.
- A current headshot or recent photo.
- An essay which answers the question "How do you envision the role of theatre in contemporary society?" This essay is limited to 1200 characters.
Already a student on campus? For the B.A. Theatre Studies Internal Transfer Policy, click here.
Our 2020-21 interview dates and locations will be updated in Fall 2020.
updated 5/19/20 11:00 p.m.