Theatre Studies (B.A.)
- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading interview materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an interview.
- Step 5: Interview (either in-person or by phone/skype)
PLEASE NOTE: The Early Action option will not be offered to applicants in music or theatre due to the timing of the audition and interview process.
The Early Decision Deadline for the Common Application and the Acceptd application is November 1st for B.F.A. Theatrical Production & Design, B.A. Theatre Studies, B.S. Theatre Arts Management only.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: The deadline for applying to B.F.A Theatre Production & Design, B.A. Theatre Studies and B.S. Theatre Arts Management has been extended to February 1st, 2019. Please complete your Common App and Acceptd profile by this new deadline.
You will not receive any further notification regarding your prescreening until your applications (Common Application and Acceptd) are complete.
All candidates will be asked to upload the following to Acceptd using PDF format:
- A brief résumé, including theatrical activities in high school, during summers, honors and awards received, leadership activities or offices held, and other significant non-theatrical activities.
- A current headshot or recent photo.
- An essay which answers the question "How do you envision the role of theatre in contemporary society?" This essay is limited to 1200 characters.
Already a student on campus? For the B.A. Theatre Studies Internal Transfer Policy, click here.
Ithaca College, 953 Danby Road, Dillingham Center Lobby
- Saturday, Dec 8 (Early Decision)
- Saturday, Jan 26
- Saturday, Feb 2
- Saturday, Feb 16
** On the Ithaca dates, you may also choose to schedule an interview via Skype. Be sure to choose the "Ithaca (Skype)" session when scheduling.
Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, 3342 Peachtree Road, NE Atlanta
- Wednesday, Jan 16
New York City
Pearl Studios, 500 Eighth Avenue, New York
- Friday, Jan 18
Homewood Suites, 312 West 37th Street, New York
- Saturday, Jan 19
- Sunday, Jan 20
Palmer House Hilton, 17 East Monroe Street, Room TBA
- Tuesday, Feb 5
Westin Los Angeles Airport, 5400 W Century Blvd, Room TBA
- Saturday, Feb 9
updated 10/26/18 1:12 p.m.