Theatre Studies (B.A.)
- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading interview materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an interview.
- Step 5: Interview (either in-person or by phone/skype)
PLEASE NOTE: The Early Action option will not be offered to applicants in music or theatre due to the timing of the audition and interview process.
The Early Decision Deadline for the Common Application and the Acceptd application is November 1st for B.F.A. Theatrical Production & Design, B.A. Theatre Studies, B.S. Theatre Arts Management only.
You will not receive any further notification regarding your prescreening until your applications (Common Application and Acceptd) are complete.
All candidates will be asked to upload the following to Acceptd using PDF format:
- A brief résumé, including theatrical activities in high school, during summers, honors and awards received, leadership activities or offices held, and other significant non-theatrical activities.
- A current headshot or recent photo.
- An essay which answers the question "How do you envision the role of theatre in contemporary society?" This essay is limited to 1200 characters.
Already a student on campus? For the B.A. Theatre Studies Internal Transfer Policy, click here.
Ithaca College, 953 Danby Road, Dillingham Center Lobby
- Saturday, Dec 9 (Early Decision)
- Saturday, Jan 27
- Saturday, Feb 3
- Saturday, Feb 17
** On the Ithaca dates, you may also choose to schedule an interview via Skype. Be sure to choose the "Ithaca (Skype)" session when scheduling.
New York City
NOLA Studios, 250 West 54th Street, 11th Floor, Studio A
- Friday, Jan 19
- Saturday, Jan 20
- Sunday, Jan 21
Palmer House Hilton, 17 East Monroe, 7th Floor, Burnham 1
- Tuesday, Feb 6
Westin LAX, 5400 West Century Blvd, Room TBA
- Saturday, Feb 10
updated 8/16/17 1:50 p.m.