Theatre Arts Management (B.S.)
- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading interview materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an interview.
- Step 5: Interview (either in-person or by phone/skype)
PLEASE NOTE: The Early Action option will not be offered to applicants in music or theatre due to the timing of the audition and interview process.
The Early Decision Deadline for the Common Application and the Acceptd application is November 1st, 2019 for B.F.A. Theatrical Production & Design, B.A. Theatre Studies, B.S. Theatre Arts Management only.
The deadline for applying to B.F.A Theatre Production & Design, B.A. Theatre Studies and B.S. Theatre Arts Management is February 1st, 2020. Please complete your Common App and Acceptd profile by this deadline. This deadline has been extended.
You will not receive any further notification regarding your prescreening until your applications (Common Application and Acceptd) are complete.
All candidates will be asked to upload the following to Acceptd using PDF format:
- A one-page résumé that includes
your name and email address, highlighting activities in which you
participated – jobs you worked, and/or leadership positions
you held during high school in the following areas:
- athletics (e.g.played on a school team; competed as a member of a climbing/gymnastics/cheerleading team unaffiliated with school)
- clubs (e.g. Glee Club, Key Club, Scouts)
- camps (e.g. theatre camp, athletics camp)
- societies (e.g. Honors Society)
- volunteering and community service (e.g. raised money and walked the 5 K in a Relay for Life event; served Thanksgiving meals at a shelter; taught Sunday School)
- all high school math courses
- awards and scholarships received
- any other academic or extracurricular activities
- A current headshot or recent photo. Note: Images should be no higher than 72 dpi for ease of uploading to Acceptd.
For Your Interview
The materials that you submit online will be reviewed during your interview. There is no need to bring physical evidence or any other materials such as letters of recommendation, etc.
OUR 2019-20 INTERVIEW DATES ARE:
Ithaca: Ithaca College Dillingham Center, 953 Danby Road, Ithaca NY
December 7, 2019 ~ January 25, 2020 ~ February 1, 2020 ~ February 15, 2020
Morning Sessions -- All Majors
- 8:00-8:30 Check in
- 8:30 Group Orientation (parents welcome!)
- 9:00 TAM, Theatre Studies, and TP&D-specific orientations
- 9:00 Warm-Ups and Movement Exercises (performance majors)
- 9:30 Interviews Begin (TAM, Theatre Studies, and TP&D)
- 9:45 Transition to Auditions (performance majors)
- 10:00 Auditions Begin (performance majors)
- 2:00 End of Session
Skype Sessions -- Theatre Studies, Theatre Production & Design, Theatre Arts Management Only
- On Ithaca audition days, we also schedule Skype interviews for students who are unable to come to campus.
- Skype interviews are scheduled between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Confirmation of interview time will be sent three days prior to interview date.
New York: Pearl Studios, 500 Eighth Avenue, New York
January 17, 2020: Acting, Musical Theatre, and Theatre Studies
January 18, 2020: Acting, Musical Theatre, Theatre Arts Management*, Theatre Studies*, and Theatre Production & Design*
January 19, 2020, morning only: Acting, Musical Theatre, Theatre Arts Management*, Theatre Studies*, and Theatre Production & Design*
* Interviews on these dates will take place at Homewood Suites, 312 West 37th Street, New York
- 9:00-9:30 Check in
- 9:30 Group Orientation (parents welcome!)
- 10:00 Theatre Studies and TP&D-specific orientations
- 10:00 Warm-Ups and Movement Exercises (performance majors)
- 10:30 Interviews Begin (Theatre Studies and TP&D)
- 10:30 Transition to Auditions (performance majors)
- 10:40 Auditions Begin (performance majors)
- 1:30 End of Session
- 1:30-2:00 Check in
- 2:00 Group Orientation (parents welcome!)
- 2:30 Theatre Studies and TP&D-specific orientations
- 2:30 Warm-Ups and Movement Exercises (performance majors)
- 3:00 Interviews begin (Theatre Studies and TP&D)
- 3:00 Transition to Auditions (performance majors)
- 3:10 Auditions Begin (performance majors)
- 6:00 End of Session
updated 12/3/19 3:00 p.m.