would like to extend my thanks to all members of the Ithaca College
community who assisted with an extremely successful Family Weekend.
Approximately 1,700 family members attended a variety of events
during the weekend of November 6-8, 2009.
Student photographer, Heather Newburger '10, spent her weekend taking pictures of the event for your enjoyment. You can see her work by clicking onto the photo galleries at www.ithaca.edu/familyweekend.
The highlights of the weekend included:
- A faculty keynote addresses by Michael Trotti, associate professor of history
- A parent keynote address by Regan Rockhill of the law firm Williams & Connolly, parent of Kari who is a senior in exercise science
- A presentation on "Organizing Your Digital Media" hosted by art history curator Randi Millman-Brown that was standing room only
- The Screening of documentary "All Together Now" hosted by the Park School that was also standing room only
- The Student Organization Showcase, which featured the talents of student organizations Dance Team, IC Hip Hop, ICircus, Ithacapella, Muevete, Rock Hard, Spit That!, and Tap
- Lunch performances by the faculty staff chorus IC VoICes and the student jazz quintet of Jason Juliano '12, Alyssa Barna '12, Charlie Fisher '11, Scott Kellerhouse '11, and Colleen Clark '09
- Two sold-out performances of "Children of Eden" hosted by the Ithaca College Theatre
- Three concerts by the School of Music
- An exhibit in the Handwerker Gallery
- A win by men's football over Alfred
- Open houses, demonstrations, and receptions by all the academic schools
- A Friday night "One World Concert" coordinated by the Ithaca College International Club
- Religious services and a brunch to close the weekend
Special thanks to the staff of Conference and Event Services for handling the logistics of this very busy weekend and ensuring that everything went smoothly, to Facilities for making the campus beautiful and for setting up all the events, to the many event planners across campus who planned and organized individual events, and to our students for sharing their time and talents.
Without the cooperation of the College community this event could not be successful. Thank you to all -- the parents appreciated your work and enjoyed their weekend, and so do I!
Mark your calendars for next year's Family Weekend 2010, which will be held October 29-31, 2010.