ONLINE RESOURCES FOR VISUAL MATERIALS AND RESEARCH DOCUMENTS
Sources and Rights Clearance Agencies
- This site - on the College Art Association (CAA) web site, lists sources that provide images for a wide range of uses, including academic and scholarly use, with a focus on images suitable for publication.
Rauschenberg Research Project (SFMOMA)
- The Rauschenberg Research Project provides free worldwide access to a wealth of scholarly research and documentation relating to artworks by Robert Rauschenberg in SFMOMA's permanent collection.
Studio (Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam)
- Your discoveries and special sets of some of the 125.000 works may inspire others. Sharing your Rijksstudio is possible via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or of course here at Rijksmuseum.nl.
Open Content (Getty Museum, Los Angeles)
- The Getty makes available, without charge, all available digital images to which the Getty holds the rights or that are in the public domain to be used for any purpose. No permission is required.
Gallery of Art - NGA Images - Open Access (Washington DC)
- NGA Images is a repository of digital images of the collections of the National Gallery of Art. On this website you can search, browse, share, and download images. A standards-based reproduction guide and a help section provide advice for both novices and experts. More than 29,000 open access digital images up to 3000 pixels each are available free of charge for download and use. NGA Images is designed to facilitate learning, enrichment, enjoyment, and exploration.
Museum of Art (NY)
- Digital images of many of the works of art in the Museum's
collections are available for study or educational purposes in the
Collections section of this website. Consult the Museum's Terms and
Conditions for allowable uses.
- Digital images of many of the works of art in the Museum's collections are available for study or educational purposes in the Collections section of this website. Consult the Museum's Terms and Conditions for allowable uses.