GXT Test Instructions
If you have questions about your test, or cannot make your appointment, please call (607) 274-1301 as soon as possible. We schedule a full staff for your GXT and our students depend on this testing as an important part of their learning experience. If you do not call to cancel your GXT or if you do not show up for your GXT, you will be charged a $25 fee.
GXT Test Instructions: You will be scheduled to complete a maximum effort exercise test; your performance depends upon adherence to these instructions.
1. Do not perform heavy exercise in the 24 hours preceding your test.
2. Do not drink alcohol for 12 hrs preceding your test.
3. Do not use caffeine (e.g., coffee) or nicotine (e.g., cigarettes) for three hours preceding your test.
4. Do not eat for three hours preceding the test.
5. Do not eat any food that may cause you discomfort the day of the test.
6. Avoid over-the-counter medications for the 12 hours preceding your test. (However, cancel appointment if you are ill and treat yourself accordingly; we can reschedule.)
7. Wear comfortable clothing (shorts and T-shirt recommended) and sneakers.
8. Males may need to have small sections of chest hair shaved to insure sufficient contact with electrodes. Disposable safety razors are provided for this purpose.
may cause you discomfort the day of the test.
Thank you for your cooperation.