If you are a member of the Ithaca College Mind, Body, Me Wellness Program or a retired employee who served the college for at least 10 years the membership fee is waived, otherwise the fee for Faculty/Staff/Spouses or Domestic Partners of current members is $175 per year.
New Client Services include:
- Graded Exercise Testing (GXT)
- Orientation #1: Consultation (including Medical/Health History review, exercise program planning, and goal setting) and Fitness Evaluation (FE) with Fitness Specialist
- Orientation #2: Consultation (including FE & GXT results review, finalize goals, and presentation of individualized exercise prescription) & Orientation to Individualized Exercise Prescription (instruction of all cardio, resistance, and stretching exercises in program) with Fitness Specialist.
- Orientations #3 - 4 as needed: Orientation 2 continued and/or completion of workout session with Fitness Specialist observation and feedback.
New Client Joining/Orientation Procedures:
Please note: Clients will be scheduled for all appointments by the Wellness Clinic front desk on a first come, first served basis dependent upon staff availability. Clients will be notified if they must be placed on waiting list. Clients are required to promptly respond to scheduling requests and to do their best to keep all appointments. Clients delaying scheduling or cancelling more than one scheduled appointment during the orientation process will be placed on the waiting list.
- Clients will be scheduled with the same Fitness Specialist throughout the entire orientation process.
- Clients are strongly encouraged to schedule orientation sessions during their anticipated normal workout time to facilitate repeated interactions with their Fitness Specialist (Fitness Specialists have consistent, regularly scheduled shifts for working with new and current clients).
- Fill out the Medical History/Health Habit Questionnaire form and submit directly to the Ithaca College Wellness Clinic. Note: All information is strictly confidential.
- Submitted Medical History/Health Habit Questionnaire will be reviewed and client will be contacted by the Wellness Clinic front desk if a Medical Clearance form is needed before participation in the orientation process. If medical clearance is required client will need to provide doctor's contact information and sign form and the Wellness Clinic can fax form directly to doctor.
- After Medical/Exercise History review and receipt of medical clearance form if necessary, Wellness Clinic front desk will contact client to complete membership paperwork (Client Policy & Membership Agreement forms and Liability Waiver) and schedule at least Orientation #1 with a Fitness Specialist and the GXT. Orientations #2 and #3 may be scheduled at this time as well, but there should be a minimum of 1-2 weeks between O#1 and O#2 for exercise prescription writing and Clinic Director review.
- Client should stop by in advance or arrive 15 minutes before O#1 for facility orientation, completion of member paperwork, and payment (if not MBM Wellness Program member).
- At the completion of O#2 client will receive their Wellness Clinic key tag and are free to use the Wellness Clinic independently with the assistance of the Floor Fitness Specialist and Monitor(s) as needed or desired.
- Client will schedule O#3 - 4 if needed or desired and GXT results review if this was not conducted during orientation #2.
- Assigned Fitness Specialist, with the help of other floor Fitness Specialists, will continue to provide instruction on exercise technique, basic progressions (and program tweaks), motivation/support/encouragement, and fitness/health/wellness education during client workouts.
- After the orientation process is complete "new" client receives same benefits as current members.