The professional entry-level master’s program is designed for individuals who have received a Bachelor’s degree in another area of study and are interested in pursuing a career in occupational therapy. The program duration is just over 2 years, consists of 90 credits, and will prepare students to sit for the national certification examination.
Online applications are available through the Office
The application deadline for Summer admission is February 1st. Please note the M.S. program begins in the summer only.
Admission criteria includes:
- A completed Bachelors’ degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Completed GRE Scores
- Completion of the following prerequisite coursework with a
grade of C or higher:
- 3 credits of General Biology
- 8 credits of Anatomy and Physiology
- 3 credits of General Psychology
- 3 credits of Developmental Psychology or Human Development across the Life Span
- 3 credits of Abnormal Psychology
- 3 credits of Sociology or Anthropology
- 3 credits of Statistics
- 3 credits of Intro to Research Methods
- An on-campus interview with an on-site writing sample provided (scheduled by the department)
All prerequisite coursework must be complete within 10 years of the enrollment date. Applicants may apply with no more than three "in-progress" prerequisite courses. Six out of the nine prerequisites must be complete by the deadline submission date for the application to be reviewed.
Additional Application Materials Needed:
- Completion of the application form
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Two letters of recommendation; one recommendation from a Health Care Practitioner if possible
Assistantships are awarded on a competitive basis for a one year time period (Fall and Spring) Graduate Assistants assist faculty members by engaging in one or more of the following tasks: doing research in support of faculty scholarship and/or class preparation, assisting in undergraduate classroom/laboratory activities and review of students’ assignments, maintaining hours in technology lab to assist students in technology-based assignments, maintaining open laboratory sessions for student projects, coordinating administrative projects and program activities. Applicants who wish to be considered for a graduate assistantship are required to send two additional letters of recommendation.
Please visit https://www.ithaca.edu/gradadmission/finaid/ for the current graduate tuition rate.
For more information email email@example.com, or call 607-274-7103.