OT faculty, alums shine at AOTA national conference
The Ithaca College Department of Occupational Therapy was well represented at the AOTA conference in Nashville, Tenn. last month. A host of faculty and several alums presented at the national conference, which is the largest gathering of occupational therapists in the world.
Faculty presenters are listed below in bold and alums are noted in parenthesis:
- "Sensory Processing of Individuals Who Have Experienced Sexual Assault"
Presenters: Andrea Muffly (alumnus) & Amy Gerney
- "Using ELAN Annotation Software to Code Child Behavior from Video"
Presenters: Jodi Brown (alumnus), Jennifer Monks (alumnus), Carole Dennis
- "Outcomes of Robotic Mobility Experience on Infants with Motor Impairment"
Presenters: Maria Barton, Jodi Brown, Jamie Edelson, Karina McMahon, Julie Messier, You Young Min, Jennifer Monks, Laura Renwick, Laren Whitesell (all alumnae) and Carole Dennis
- "Making it work: Exploring how families with children with special needs balance career and family life"
Presenters: Kim Wilkinson, Diane Long, Laura Maresciallo (alumnus), & Cicely Reich (alumnus).
- "Integrating Work Evaluations and Interventions into Occupational Therapy Education." Buzzsession presented at the meeting of the American Occupational Therapy Association, Nashville, TN.
Presenters: Gerg, M. & Dorsey, J.
- "Systematic Review on Occupational Therapy and Adults with Musculoskeletal Disorders and Arthritis." Short Course presented at the meeting of the American Occupational Therapy Association, Nashville, TN.
Presenters: Lieberman, D., Arbesman, M., Bradshaw, M., Dorsey, J., Poole, J., Roll, S., Siegel, P. & Snodgrass, J.
- "Big Fish from Small Academic Ponds: Preparing Students for Primary Care." Short Course presented at the meeting of the American Occupational Therapy Association, Nashville, TN.
Presenters: Smith, V., Bennett, M., Dillon, M.B., Long, D., Walkovich, D.