The Mission of the Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology at Ithaca College is to:
- Educate undergraduate students and graduate students seeking a communication disorders program that is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech Pathology and by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education;
- Prepare undergraduate students for graduate school and prepare graduate students for entry into the profession of speech-language pathology by providing academic, clinical, and research experiences that foster critical thinking, professionalism, and independence;
- Provide a firm theoretical, evidence-based foundation with opportunities for application to clinical practice in order to develop competent, confident, and contributing professionals qualified for certification by the appropriate professional groups;
- Provide the highest quality professional service to the individuals in our community who have communication and hearing disorders and differences.
- Encourage opportunities to advance knowledge relevant to the fields of speech-language pathology and audiology, disseminate this knowledge within the professional community, and advance the professions of speech-language pathology and audiology.
Click here to download the SLPA department's Strategic Plan.
Interested parties may comment on the strategic plan by emailing Jana Waller at firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending a comment please include your name and affiliation with the department.
The master’s of science (MS) program in speech-language pathology at Ithaca College is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700.
Our current accreditation period extends through January 2019.
Teacher Education accreditation
All teacher education programs at Ithaca College are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Ithaca College is accredited by The Middle States Commission on Higher Education.