The Emerson Summer Internship Awards is a college-wide program targeted for senior students and provides the student with financial support for an undergraduate internship in either a domestic or international setting. The Dean of each school can nominate one student for the $3,000 award. The internship must be credit bearing and completed during the summer months. The selection criteria include;
Student will have completed at least 90 credits by the end of Summer 2018 (this summer internship can be counted toward the 90-credit requirement)
Student must apply for summer session registration for the internship (undergraduate credits only)
Student has demonstrated meritorious academic performance
Student must be eligible for financial aid (students must check with the Office of Financial Aid regarding their status)
The quality and academic/career relevance of the internship
How to Apply for an Emerson Internship
Here are the steps you need to take in order to apply for an Emerson Award.
- Meet with your IC faculty sponsor/advisor/internship coordinator to discuss how to set up a summer internship
- Complete the Application for 2018 Emerson Summer Internship
- Attach a current resume to your application
- Submit a hard-copy of your application and your resume (with all necessary signatures) to the HS&HP Deans Office (320 Smiddy Hall) on or before 4:00 PM on Monday, March 19, 2018. All materials must be attached together and handed in at the same time.
- Fill in the necessary information in theLetter
send it to your internship supervisor at your site They need to
sign and return this form to the HSHP Deans Office on or before
4:00 PM on Monday, March 19, 2018 We can not consider
your application unless we have received a signed Letter of
Confirmation from the site.
Need help filling in the letter of confirmation? Click here for help