General Information for Outdoor Adventure Leadership Students
Outdoor Adventure Leadership students who wish to complete an Advanced Fieldwork or Internship experience need to:
- Download and read the Internship & Advanced Fieldwork Manual for OAL majors.
- Download the Application for Internship or Advanced Fieldwork Form and the GPA Calculator Spreadsheet. Follow the procedures for filling out the form as stated in the guidelines. This form then needs to be submitted to the RLS Internship Coordinator.
- Once approved you will receive an e-mail requesting that you set up a meeting with the RLS Internship Coordinator.
- In consultation with your academic adviser and the RLS Internship Coordinator, begin researching potential sites.
- Once a site has been identified and approved by the RLS Internship Coordinator, download the OAL Agency Acceptance Form, fill in the necessary information (see directions), and then send the form to the site supervisor to complete.
- Once the RLS Internship Coordinator has received the Site Acceptance Form from the site, you will need to complete the OAL Student Placement Form. Note that ALL information on this form (except for the signatures) must be typed.
- Upon confirmation of your placement, complete the Internship Requirements Checklist based on your start and end dates, and submit it to the Internship Coordinator
- By the end of the first week you are actually on site, complete the Student Information Form and return it to your Faculty Supervisor.
- Submit to the Faculty Supervisor both a Midterm Evaluation Form and a Final Evaluation Form, completed by your agency supervisor with comments provided by you, at the appropriate mid-point and end of your internship
- Complete the Department of RLS Internship Agency Evaluation form and email it to your Ithaca College internship supervisor.
If you have any questions about the procedures and/or forms, please contact the RLS Internship Coordinator.
The following courses are offered for Outdoor Adventure Leadership Majors. You will need to indicate which course you will be registering for on the Student Placement Form.
- A grade of B- or less in RLS 24800
- Permission of department chair
Internship in Recreation & Leisure Studies
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00
- Minimum GPA of 2.50 in RLS courses
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 in RLS-24800
- Completion of at least 24 credits of required RLS courses and 6 credits of recreation electives
- Approval of department chair