Private offices are those offices assigned to exclusively one person. The following health and safety guidelines apply:
- Employees alone in their private offices with the door closed do not need to wear a face covering.
- Individuals must not step enter private offices unannounced. We recommend that employees place a sign on the office entrance reminding visitors to announce themselves at the door and not step into the office, so the person in the office can don a face covering before talking.
- Ithaca College strongly encourages virtual meetings or phone conversations rather than face-to-face meeting. If a meeting must occur in a private office, the space must be big enough to maintain 6 feet of physical distance when meeting. Face coverings must be worn while meeting and hand sanitizer must be accessible in case needed.
- The person assigned to the office must use an EPA-approved disinfectant to clean surfaces used after the meeting.
- Cleaning of private offices will be greatly reduced during the pandemic, occurring on a monthly basis. Before leaving for the day, please:
- Disinfect your workstation and desk surface area.
- Place the trash and recycling bins outside of the office door when leaving for the day, or empty into receptacles that are located in public spaces.