IC Current is an email newsletter sharing the latest news, events, and information from Ithaca College with the campus community.
The newsletter also highlights various resources and services that Ithaca College offers students, staff, faculty, and alumni.
The newsletter contains six sections:
- Latest News – A round-up of the latest news about IC and its faculty and students
- Upcoming Events – A listing of can’t-miss happenings from the events calendar
- As Quoted – A thought-provoking quote from IC staff, faculty, students or alumni from the radio, newspapers, or our own magazines
- Featured Video – A sampling of the multimedia work showcasing our community members
- Featured Photo – A snapshot of student life or alumni happenings, sometimes lifted from IC’s social media accounts
- Did You Know? – Useful information about campus resources
How news is chosen
Stories featured in IC Current are chosen at the discretion of the Office of College Relations and Communications. Stories may originate from a variety of sources, including the Ithaca College News website, Fuse, IC View, IC Athletics, social media and, when warranted, messages from campus leadership (e.g., the president, board of trustees).
Featured events are chosen from the online events calendar at the discretion of the Office of College Relations and Communications.
Why wasn’t my news or event included?
Members of the college community who want to share their own news – academic achievements, learning opportunities, etc. – are encouraged to continue doing so by using Intercom. If you have a story that you think warrants greater coverage, please contact the media relations team at email@example.com.
In order for your event to be considered for inclusion in the Current, it must be present in the events calendar. The online calendar system is a robust tool that makes it easy to highlight, promote, and discover events. Learn more at the Events Calendar Help page. In addition to promoting your event in the calendar, you can include an announcement about it in Intercom.
The Office of College Relations and Communications retains the right to include or exclude any story or event.
See Past Editions of IC Current
You can read past editions of IC Current in our archive.
Subscribing and Unsubscribing
IC students, faculty and staff are automatically subscribed to IC Current.
If you do not want to receive IC Current, please click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the most recent newsletter.
If you have additional questions or want to speak to the Office of College Relations and Communications about IC Current, please call 607-274-1440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.