ITHACA, NY — At its February meeting, the Ithaca College Board of Trustees granted emeritus status to four former faculty members and awarded promotions and tenure to 14 current faculty members.
The following retired faculty members were named professor emeritus:
Department of Mathematics
- John Maceli, who retired in 2012.
- Eric Robinson, who retired in 2013.
Department of Psychology
- Jack Peck, who retired in 2010.
Department of Theatre Arts
- Jack Hrkach, who retired in 2012.
The following faculty members were awarded tenure and promoted from assistant to associate professor:
Center for the Study of Culture, Race, and Ethnicity
- Paula Ioanide, who received her Ph.D. from the University of California, Santa Cruz, and B.A. from Swarthmore College.
Department of Anthropology
- Sue-Je Gage, who received her Ph.D. and M.A. from Indiana University and B.S. from the University of Evansville.
Department of Art
- Carla Stetson, who received her M.F.A. from Vermont College and B.F.A. from the Kansas City Art Institute.
Department of Gerontology
- Elizabeth Bergman, who received her Ph.D. and M.A. from the University of South Florida and B.A. from Auburn University.
Department of Health Promotion and Physical Education
- Amy Frith, who received her Ph.D. from Cornell University, M.P.H. from Emory University and M.S. and B.S. from Michigan State University.
Department of Journalism
- Todd Schack, who received his Ph.D. from the University of Colorado and his M.A. and B.A. from Colorado State University.
Department of Media Arts, Sciences and Studies
- Jason Harrington, who received his M.F.A. from Syracuse University and B.A. from the College of the Atlantic.
- Devan Rosen, who received his Ph.D. from Cornell University and M.A. and B.A. from the State University of New York, Buffalo.
Department of Music Theory, History and Composition
- Jorge Villavicencio Grossmann, who received his D.M.A. from Boston University, M.M. from Florida International University and B.M. from Faculdade Santa Marcelina, São Paulo, Brazil.
Department of Performance Studies
- Brian DeMaris, who received his M.M. from the New England Conservatory and B.M. from Ithaca College.
Department of Philosophy and Religion
- Brendan Murday, who received his Ph.D. from Syracuse University and B.A. from the College of William and Mary.
Department of Politics
- Patricia Rodriguez, who received her Ph.D. from the University of Notre Dame, M.A. from San Diego State University and B.A. from the University of Richmond.
Department of Theatre Arts
- Paula Murray Cole, who received her M.F.A. from Southern Methodist University and B.F.A. from Ithaca College.
Department of Writing
- Nicholas Kowalczyk, who received his M.F.A. from the University of Iowa and B.S. from Ohio University.