Updates on Ithaca College's Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
The college continues to make progress on several initiatives to make the community more inclusive and welcoming.
• The results of the Campus Climate Survey, conducted by an outside firm, were released in April. They can be viewed at ithaca.edu/campusclimate.
• The survey received a response rate of 46 percent, the highest participation rate among the 19 other institutions Rankin & Associates surveyed last fall.
• Of those who completed the IC survey, 74 percent were students; 12 percent were faculty; and 14 percent were staff.
• The college instituted the use of body-worn cameras by public safety officers in April. Two campus community forums were held to introduce the goals and guidelines of the program.
• A special panel discussion was held in May with IC’s 2017 honorary degree recipients titled "Fostering Inclusive Conversation across Societal Divides: Reflections.”
• The Center for Faculty Excellence facilitated a faculty and staff reading of the book Deep Diversity: Overcoming Us vs. Them.
Visit ithaca.edu/diversity for more updates and information about projects that are underway.