Several College Diversity Initiatives Implemented
Several updates to IC’s diversity initiatives have been implemented:
• Sean Eversley Bradwell, who became the director of programs and outreach in July, spearheaded new diversity and inclusion programs, which began in the fall semester.
• The network of individuals on campus who are able to provide support to students who experience bias or discrimination was expanded.
• The Diversity Scholars Program expanded from the School of Humanities and Sciences to include the Roy H. Park School of Communications and the School of Health Sciences and Human Performance. IC’s first-ever diversity postdoctoral fellow, Maria Nandadevi Cortes-Rodriguez, is completing a two-year term in biology.
• A multicultural student lounge and a public safety satellite office opened during the fall semester in the Campus Center.
• A firm was selected to conduct an independent review of the Office of Public Safety.
• Craig Clayton Diversity Consulting was selected to provide training on inclusive excellence for alumni volunteer leaders.
• Members of ICUnity met for alumni gatherings in Washington, D.C., and Brooklyn, New York.
• The Ithaca College Seminar Program created an inclusion workshop to introduce first-year students to language and concepts used to foster inclusive spaces on campus.