- The IC physical therapy program has over 60 years of experience developing top notch graduates.
- Freshman entry and guaranteed eligibility for the DPT curriculum (i.e. no graduate application is needed provided academic requirements are met).
- The D. P. T. degree will be fulfilled is 6 years.
- Study abroad is encouraged. It is most feasible during the sophomore and fall of the junior years.
- Transfer students can be accepted (space permitting), primarily current IC students before the first professional year.
- IC has a small college feel, but has a university’s range of academic and extracurricular opportunities.
- A small (college) town location -- Ithaca is readily accessible to the major northeast metropolitan areas (e.g., 4 hours’ drive to New York City and Philadelphia, and 6-7.5 hours to Boston, Pittsburgh, or Washington).
- On campus PT Clinic
- Clinical Education opportunities with over 1100 facilities affiliated with IC
- Nineteen full-time PT Department faculty who are all experienced physical therapists and have become content experts in a wide range of academic and clinical disciplines
- The IC pass rate for PT national licensing exam in typically around 95% (compared to NYS at 80-85 % and nationally at 85-90%). See the PT licensing exam pass rates history.
PT Program Highlights
Three Generations of IC PT
Read about the Formicella family's three generations of IC PT grads in the Ithaca College Quarterly.