In continuing our partnership with the region’s educational development organization, the Finger Lakes Faculty Development Network (FLFDN) is offering a special “Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium” track as part of Ed Tech Day. The symposium consists of 20-minute seminars running throughout the day specifically focusing on innovations and best practices in using technology for teaching and learning, as well as scholarship assessing the effect of technology on student learning. Proposals on similar topics may be paired into a 50-minute session. Please indicate in the space provided in the submission form if you would like to be paired with another session.
Prior to submission, as you write your proposal, please consider:
- A concise title
- Descriptive abstract of no more than 200 words
- Sessions are 20-25 minutes in length
- Learning objectives of your session (up to 3)
- Description of how your will engage your audience
- The name of the session you would like to be paired with (if applicable)
- Collaborators should include names of all presenters
Proposals are due on Friday, February 15, 2019. Submit your proposal >
- Proposals will be reviewed by a committee of the Finger Lakes Faculty Development Network, and presenters will be notified by March 1.
- All presenters must register for Ed Tech Day event at Ithaca College. It is free.
- The conference room will have a projector, wireless capability, and a connection for a laptop.
The conference room seats about 50. The audience will be faculty, staff, or students from institutions across the region, including Ithaca College. Presenters should bring handouts for the audience as appropriate.
The Finger Lakes Faculty Development Network, which organizes this special track, is an organization linking people involved in education development at campuses in central and western New York. Meetings rotate among member campuses or through web conferencing. For more information about FLFDN please contact Jeremiah Parry-Hill at J.Parry-Hill@rit.edu or Mark Fink at email@example.com.