The Student Technology Advisory Council (STAC) is sponsored by the college's Chief Information Officer and is comprised of 10-12 student members who represent a wide range of academic programs and campus affiliations. STAC members provide valuable insights and perspectives to Ithaca College IT Leadership about the comprehensive undergraduate and graduate student experience using technology at IC. This feedback informs areas for future investments, adjustments, and continued development to ensure that the college's technology infrastructure and support services provide our students with a great experience that helps support a positive experience in and out of the classroom.
Examples of some of the areas the STAC provides feedback on includes:
- Learning technology (LMS, related learning applications)
- Technology support services for students
- Addressing the digital divide (providing technology for students in need)
- Student experience using college applications
- WiFi coverage, issues, expansion (including ResNet)
- Classroom AV experiences
- Information security
- Development and deployment of IC mobile apps and portals, including apps.ithaca.edu
- Data privacy, use of student data
- Experiential learning and mentoring opportunities
- Innovative technology development and exploration (VR, Makerspace, etc.)
- Technology related events such as Ed Tech Day, Esports events, etc)
- ...and more...