- I've never taught an online course, how do I get started?
- How can I acquire the laptop that has been assigned to me from Information Technology if I am off-campus?
- How do I access files on my office computer remotely?
- How can I access my office voice mail from off-campus?
- What training opportunities and resources are available to support teaching and working remote?
Visit the Keep Teaching website for resources and best practices for teaching online.
How can I acquire the laptop that has been assigned to me from Information Technology if I am off-campus?
IT will make reasonable efforts to coordinate having the laptop delivered. Please contact the service desk for details.
- To access files on Mentor from off-campus, additional software (Global Protect VPN) is needed.
- If you have already set up OneDrive for your on-campus device, you can access these files through apps.ithaca.edu or OneDrive.com.
- If you are on-campus, dial 4-1850.
- If you are off-campus, dial (607) 274-1850
- Press # when the system answers
- Dial 9 plus your 7-digit voice mailbox number.
- Visit the Access Voice Mail Knowledge Base article for more details>
- You can also request to have your voice messages forwarded to your IC email account >
- Visit the Keep Teaching website for resources and best practices for teaching online.
- Visit the Working Remote website for resources and information on accessing services, and working remote.
- Teaching and Learning with Technology in partnership with the Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE) are hosting a number of workshops regarding online instruction, using Zoom, and Sakai. Please visit the CFE events page for details.
- LinkedIn Learning is a great resource with over 10,000 free online courses on topics related to online learning, working remote, and in-depth skill-building courses.
- Visit the Information Technology Knowledge Base for technology-related documentation and how-to articles, and visit our Service Catalog to request specific services.