Learn more about Office 365 applications and how they can help you stay organized this semester! As an Ithaca College student you have access to more than 15 Microsoft applications and services, and can download the latest version of Office (Office 365 ProPlus) on up to 5 devices for free! Visit apps.ithaca.edu and click on the Office 365 Portal to get started!
Stay Organized this Semester with Office 365!
- Outlook – import your schedule from HomerConnect into Outlook Calendar and set calendar reminders
- To Do – create personal to-do lists from your mobile device, track deadlines, and manage your flagged email
- OneNote – organize your class notes in one central application and use search to easily find content
- OneDrive – access and share your files anywhere, anytime, with 1 TB of cloud storage, automatic backup, version history, and more
- Teams – instant chat with peers on a group project, collaborate, edit and share team files, schedule or host a virtual meet-up and more (see details below)
- Forms – create quick surveys, quizzes, and polls
- Planner – create plans for a project or event, set deadlines, and assign tasks to team members (available with a Microsoft Team)
- Sway – create engaging, interactive presentations to share your story
- PowerPoint – rehearse your slide show with Presenter Coach, and enhance your presentations with PowerPoint Designer
- Excel – create spreadsheets, model and analyze data, and explore pivot tables
- Word – edit and collaborate in real-time on shared documents, use Editor for grammar and spelling
Featured Mobile Apps:
- Microsoft Office – access Word, Excel, PowerPoint from one app, and perform common tasks with the built-in Actions feature
- Microsoft OneDrive (iOS / Android) – view or share photos, videos, and documents with 1 TB of cloud storage
- Microsoft Teams – chat with peers, access team files, view your calendar, make audio and video calls, and more
- Microsoft Lens (iOS / Android) – use your device’s camera to scan documents, whiteboards, memos and more
- Microsoft Translator – translate real-time conversations, menus, street signs, documents and more
Featured Tools in Word Online:
- Accessibility Checker – make your content accessible to everyone (Review tab)
- Dictate – convert speech into text (Home tab)
- Editor – review your document for grammar, spelling, clarity, conciseness, formality, and more (Home tab)
- Immersive Reader – hear your document read aloud, translate text into another language, improve focus using line focus, and more (View tab)
- Translate – translate text into a different language (Review tab)
Microsoft Teams is a desktop, mobile, and web-based communication and collaboration platform for Office 365 that brings everything together into a shared workspace where you can chat, meet virtually, share files, and work together in real-time around a topic or project. Teams offers group chat, online meeting and web conferencing, audio and video calling, collaboration with built-in Office 365 applications, OneDrive access, and more.
Visit our IT Service Catalog to request a team for your project or student organization.
- Microsoft Accessibility Overview – accessible technology links and resources
- Microsoft 365 Training – training videos, templates, and guides
- Office Apps Help and Training – a list of help and training links by application
- Microsoft Support – help guides, learning resources, and support
- IT Knowledge Base – support articles for the IC community from Information Technology
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Information Technology Service Desk for assistance or contact our Business Productivity Team for a consultation.