In the New York State Broadcasters Association's (NYSBA) annual Excellence in Broadcasting awards competition, Ithaca College's student-run television and radio stations took first place in the following categories:
- ICTV - Outstanding Public Affairs Program (College Television Division)
- ICTV - Outstanding Series / Documentary (College Television Division)
- "The Inside Report - Pride & Poise: Journey to the Meadowlands" - Docuseries recapping the 2019 Ithaca College Football season - April 1, 2021
- Produced by Garrett Bampos '20, Matt Clement '21, Sam Shapiro '21, Dan Passante '22 and Andrew Guerra '23
- ICTV - Outstanding Live On-Scene Reporting (College Television Division)
- "Travis Brooks & Cynthia Brock Election Watch Party"
- "Election Night" - November 2, 2021
- Reporting by John Vicari '21 and Ryan Harmon '25
- ICTV - Outstanding Sportscast (College Television Division)
- ICTV - Outstanding Morning Newscast (College Television Division)
- ICTV - Outstanding Breaking News Coverage (College Television Division)
- "Storm Causes Widespread Flooding in Ithaca" - October 27, 2021
- Reporting by Grant Johnson '25 and Emily Hung '23
- WICB - Outstanding Radio Show (College Radio Division)
- "Homebrew" - WICB's weekly local music show - November 16, 2021
- Hosted and Produced by Dylan Brown '23
- WICB - Outstanding Use of Audio (College Radio Division)
- "India's COVID Crisis From Those Experiencing It" - Package featured during May 2, 2021 episode of "Ithaca Now" (WICB's weekly local news magazine)
- Produced by Himadri Seth '23 and Vedant Akhauri '21
The Excellence in Broadcasting Awards were presented on Thursday, September 22, 2022 at the New York State Broadcasters Association's annual Serving NY Regional Award Luncheon held at the Double Tree Hotel in Binghamton. Click here for the full list of NYSBA's 2022 Excellence in Broadcasting award winners. The award winners were announced this past June.
In addition, WICB & VIC Radio were honored for their service to the local communities and each station received a "Serving NY Award." On March 26, 2022, members of WICB participated in Ithaca's annual Polar Plunge at Taughannock Falls State Park in support of Special Olympics New York. WICB's team raised $342. In total, the community event raised over $77K for the organization.
The weekend of April 22, 2022, VIC Radio hosted its 35th annual 50 Hour Marathon and raised $5,104 for Southside Community Center in Ithaca. VIC DJ's Michael Memis '22, Trisha Curtin '22, Arlo Catanzaro '23 and Gus Genova '24 stayed awake and on the air fifty straight hours playing their favorite indie-alternative tracks. The Marathon was organized by Keenan Griebel '24, VIC's 50 Hour Marathon Coordinator.