Using Your New Vision Care Benefit
Contributed by Cheryl Thomason
The vision benefit for Ithaca College employees is managed by Ameritas. Member ID cards have been mailed to any employee who elected coverage during the re-enrollment period. If you wish to access your vision benefit before you receive an ID card, simply let your provider know you have EyeMed coverage, supply them with your name, address, and date of birth, and they will be able to verify your eligibility.
Using your vision benefit is easy:
- Use an Eye-Med provider to get the most from your vision care benefit. You can locate an in-network provider online at www.eyemedvisioncare.com or by calling EyeMed Customer Care at 866-723-0514. Be sure to choose the Select Network.
- Schedule an appointment.
- Show your EyeMed ID card at the time of service. The provider’s staff will do the rest! You will only pay applicable copays, as well as any applicable amounts over the allowances covered by the plan.
Frequency of Plan Benefits*:
- Eye exams: Members may receive a comprehensive eye exam from an EyeMed vision provider once every 12 months
- Lenses or Contact Lenses: Members may receive one pair of eyeglass lenses or contact lenses instead of eyeglass lenses from an EyeMed provider once every 12 months
- Frames: Members are eligible for one pair of eyeglass frames every 24 months from an in-network provider
* Members are responsible for any applicable copays and amounts in excess of coverage allowances
Please contact the Employee Benefits & Work/Life Department at 607-274-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.