I am a graduate student studying exercise and sport sciences at Ithaca College. I am conducting a master’s thesis research project examining resistance training efficacy of a fitness app. I am looking for resistance trained and untrained men and women to participate in my study. If you are currently resistance training for at least 6 months and training at least 2 times per week, or if you have not been regularly resistance training for at least 6 months, then you may be eligible to participate in my study.
To be considered eligible for my study you must have:
• no known cardiovascular or major musculoskeletal ailments,
• never utilized a fitness app for guidance on resistance training, and…
• never utilized a fitness coach for guidance on resistance training.
What you will be asked to do should you participate:
• Visit the Robert R. Colbert Sr. Wellness Clinic (located at 302 Center for Health Sciences), complete the necessary paperwork, perform familiarization (approx. 90 min.), and…
• schedule and complete 3 resistance exercise sessions (each approx. 45 min.
The risks for participating in my study are the same as resistance training. These risks are mainly muscle or joint related. You may benefit from participation by:
• learning proper resistance exercise technique,
• discovering your muscular strength and endurance, and…
• discovering how resistance exercise effects your mood, enjoyment, and satisfaction.
I hope you can help me out as you gain some resistance training insights. If you are interested in participating please get in touch with me: