Important Changes to Parnassus HR and the Availability of Your ICHR Team
Contributed by Katie Sack
Spring is on the horizon, and so is Ithaca College’s initial launch of IC HR Cloud. This will be a big change impacting all employees, and once the entire transition is completed later this year, we will have a much more modern HR system that will provide better information and processes for the campus. Phase One of the project will include improvements to Employee and Manager Self-Service.
Preparing for this important change:
- Phase One is set to begin in early March, and will impact where we store and how you access information about all faculty and staff employees.
- There will be a temporary "freeze" on Parnassus HR activities during this phase of the transition –changes to employee data as well as the ability to hire new employees will be restricted during designated times of this phase.
- To help prevent fraud, please remember we will never send you a link to the new system in an email – you will access the new system by going to apps.ithaca.edu or through a link in Parnassus.
We’ve put together a brief online presentation with screenshots, to help illustrate the changes described below, and to give you a sneak peek at the new system: IC HR Cloud – Phase One.
We’d like to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we work through this transition. Please see additional important details below.
What do you need to know about Phase One?
- We will need to “freeze” Parnassus HR for a brief period - this means that no HR or Payroll data can be entered or updated by employees or HR during this time.
- The “freeze” will have NO impact on pay dates or timecard due dates. We are intentionally choosing a timeframe between pay dates that will NOT impact timecard submissions or payroll. However, employees will not be able to begin timecards during this time.
- We anticipate beginning the “freeze” on, or soon after, March 6th. This will last between 4-6 days (including the weekend), and we will keep you informed of any changes to our timeline.
- This will have NO impact on Financial transactions.
- Future communication will outline this spring’s Performance Review and Annual Review processes.
Why do we need to “freeze” Parnassus HR?
- It is imperative that we prevent any data changes that could corrupt the process of migrating data from Parnassus to IC HR Cloud.
How will these Phase One changes impact you?
- Student Employees - Nothing changes at this time.
- Faculty and Staff - Phase One will include changes to:
- Employee Self-Service, Personal Information: a new way for employees to view and update their personal information.
- Manager Self-Service: new ways for managers to view employee information, and to complete certain tasks for their employees.
How will you access IC HR Cloud when it’s released?
- Links to IC HR Cloud will be available in apps.ithaca.edu and Parnassus under Employee or Manager Self-Service.
- Please note: We will NEVER send you a link via email and you should not click any links in emails that claim to direct you to login to the new IC Cloud HR system.
It is our mission to bring this new system to life for our campus community. In order to do so the Office of Human Resources will need to allocate additional time and resources to ensure the success of this important project. Therefore, we will temporarily reduce or suspend the following services:
- Job description reviews, reorganizations and reclassifications (suspended through March)
- New hire sessions (limited number to be held through March)
- Spring all supervisors meeting (postponed until the fall)
- Mobile HR (postponed until the fall)
- The Harassment Prevention Training postponed until the fall. Please note: This is different than the Workplace Violence Prevention Training that is required to be completed by March 4th.
We appreciate your patience as we continue on this exciting journey, and we encourage you to visit the IC HR Cloud webpage frequently for the latest announcements and updates.