Lorie Holmes-VanDusen will be retiring from the Office of the Registrar on
June 14, 2019
Contributed by Vikki Levine
After 30 plus years of service to Ithaca College, Lorie Holmes-VanDusen will be retiring on June 14, 2019. During her tenure, Lorie became an Ithaca College alumnus as a graduate from the School of Business.
Lorie played a pivotal role in supporting APC and maintaining the Ithaca College course catalogs, working with faculty and staff across campus. Lorie has assisted countless students and alumni reach their academic and career goals.
The following is a small sample of reflections from Lorie’s colleagues on the impact Lorie has had on the Office of the Registrar as they fondly remember her service and wish her well:
- She will be able to attend more Goddess Gatherings! Lorie took trips each year to Florida (called goddess gatherings because it was all women), for many years, with ladies from IC; enjoy making new goddess memories.
- I wish you all the best. I hope you enjoy the extra leisure time and the new house.
- Retirement is when you stop living at work and start working at living.
- We are going to miss Lorie’s institutional memory and insight on why/how things were done 20 or 30 years ago. Sometimes things come up, looking at an archive transcript for example, we all have no idea what it means or why they did it that way. Lorie usually has an answer.
- Lorie has worked determinedly and deserves a well-earned retirement. She will be missed.
- Enjoy spending time with your grandchildren and playing golf! May the sun always shine brightly around you.
- Lorie will be remembered for the accomplishments she has achieved here at Ithaca College. Thanks for your years of hard work and dedication.
- If anyone plans to go on a road trip with Lorie now that she is retired, please know she will go from 65 to 0 on a highway to read a map.
Upon Lorie’s request we are not hosting a formal celebration, but feel free to stop in the Office of the Registrar, 2nd floor PRW to wish her well.