“Grants 101” Fall Workshop: Show Me the Money - Tips on
How to Win External Funding for Your Research or Other Scholarly Projects
With Special Guest Presenter: Associate Professor David Gondek
Contributed by Stephanie St. John
Contributed on behalf of Warren Calderone, Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations and Sponsored Research
Dear Faculty and Staff,
Sponsored Research will be presenting the following workshop:
Grants 101 Workshop – Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Location: Ithaca Falls Room – Campus Center
Special guest presenter: David Gondek, Associate Professor, Department of Biology
- Lunch will be provided at the workshop
- Registration is limited to the first 15 registrants.
- Workshops are designed as interactive sessions to help you transform your research or project ideas into fundable grants.
- Overview of Federal/State and private funding sources and opportunities
- Pre- and Post-award grant procedures at IC, including proposal and budget development, routing requirements, and fiscal management/compliance
- Information on searching for grant opportunities using database tools such as: Foundation Center, SPIN, Grant Advisor, etc.
- Personal reflections from guest speakers on their trials and success at securing externally funded Federal and/or private grants.
- Plenty of opportunity for questions and feedback.
- Feel free to bring your ideas/concepts for research or other projects for which you are seeking grant funding. We’ll provide feedback and suggestions to help you in your search.
For questions or additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Stephanie St. John at 274-1206.