Non-affiliated study abroad options with ISA - info session 10/22
Contributed by Rachel Gould
Are you interested in studying abroad? Would you like to consider non-affiliated programs in addition to those offered by IC and our affiliated partners? International Studies Abroad (ISA) will be visiting campus on Tuesday, October 22. ISA has been providing study abroad opportunities to US college students since 1987, and currently offerings programs in 27 countries and 57 cities worldwide.
ISA representative Candace Ricks will hold an information session for interested students on Tuesday, October 22, from 12:10-1:00 in Friends 207. She will also be at a table in the Campus Center lobby on 10:00 am-12:00 pm for those who cannot attend the info session.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact International programs at email@example.com or (607) 274-3306. We ask that requests for accommodations be made as soon as possible.
ISA offers programs in the following destinations:
- Africa: Morocco, South Africa
- Asia: China, Japan, South Kore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Europe: Belgium, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Scotland, Spain, Switzerland
- Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Peru
- Pacific: Australia, Fiji, New Zealand
Please note the following about participation on a non-affiliated study abroad program:
- Students who go on a non-affiliated program must take a leave of absence from Ithaca College if studying abroad for a semester or year.
- Credits taken on a non-affiliated program will transfer back, provided the student completes and submits appropriate paperwork, and earns grades of C- or better in the classes. Grades from non-affiliated programs do not transfer, and will not have an impact on the student’s cumulative GPA.
- Only federal financial aid may transfer to the costs of a non-affiliated program, and then only to non-affiliated programs that are eligible to receive Title IV funds. Students who participate in non-affiliated programs are not eligible to receive any Ithaca College institutional financial aid (scholarships, grants, etc.) for the study abroad semester.
- A $415 study abroad administrative fee is charged when students participate in a non-affiliated semester program.
- Students going on non-affiliated programs must still work with the Office of International Programs to register for the program, and must complete appropriate pre-departure paperwork and requirements. Students will receive the same support/guidance from International Programs regardless of whether their program is affiliated or non-affiliated.
Get notified of upcoming study abroad events, information and announcements! Join the Study Abroad page on IC Engage, like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, or click here to schedule a one-on-one study abroad advising appointment.
International Programs and Extended Studies | Job Hall, 2nd floor | 607-274-3306 | firstname.lastname@example.org