Working from Home: Tips for Productivity, Mental Health and Staying Healthy
Contributed by Cheryl Thomason
During this time when many of us are adjusting to working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, here are some ideas to help keep you healthy and focused.
Tips for working remotely:
- Maintain regular work hours and build breaks into your schedule.
- Create a daily routine - Get dressed and ready for work, schedule a coffee break and a walk at lunch.
- Communicate expectations with anyone who will be home with you.
- Structure your day like you would in the office.
- Choose a dedicated workspace.
- Set goals for the day and week.
- Stay virtually connected with colleagues - Set-up daily/weekly virtual coffee or reach out to chat with colleagues.
- Communicate - If you're struggling or have an issue, share it with your manager or someone you trust.
- Share accomplishments with your manager and team.
- End your day with a routine - Know when to quit for the day.
- Try innovative ways to create connection and establish relationships.
- Address conflicts immediately.
- Be proactive and share your goals, work in progress and accomplishments.
- Establish expectations on availability and methods of communication.
- Understand how you work and what triggers your motivation.
Read this article from Forbes for additional information.