Learning to Use Qualtrics
At Ithaca College, online survey research should be conducted using Qualtrics, an online survey tool licensed by the College for use by faculty, staff, and students. Qualtrics is a highly customizable tool that allows you to create, distribute, analyze, and report survey data. Click here for an introduction to Qualtrics.
In addition to the introduction, the Qualtrics Support website has a number of brief how-tos and articles on several topics, such as:
- Creating a Project (create a survey)
- Survey Options (change general survey settings: expiration date, message when survey completed, partial completions)
- Creating a Contact List (create and import a contact list into Qualtrics from a file)
- Collecting Responses (deactivate, edit active survey, change survey expiration date)
- Emails Overview (send emails to the survey population)
- Email Distribution Management (view history of scheduled mailings, send reminder emails)
- Reports Overview (create or copy a report)
Where to go for additional assistance
You may contact Qualtrics Support at 800-340-9194. Their representatives are available at all times from 3 p.m. MST Sunday to 6 p.m. MST Friday, and Saturdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. MST.
The Office of Analytics and Institutional Research is also available by email (IRoffice@ithaca.edu) or phone (607-274-3164) to assist you. We can consult with you on question construction, survey formatting, sampling methodology and sample size calculations, and using the Qualtrics software.