Single Sign On
Ithaca College provides Single Sign-On capabilities through integration with various College systems (see right sidebar) via SAML2 capable Identity Provider (IDP). Our IDP is provided by an open source software package called Shibboleth. Shibboleth is a web-based technology that implements the HTTP/POST, artifact, and attribute push profiles of SAML, including both Identity Provider (IdP) and Service Provider (SP) components. Ithaca College supports Single Sign-On via Shibboleth due to its extensive use across universities, but may offer integration with other platforms if integration with this platform is not an option for your application. We have also integrated our IDP metadata with the InCommon Federation
- Ithaca College Shibboleth Setup Information
- Load Ithaca College IdP metadata into your SP: : https://login.ithaca.edu/idp/shibboleth (or pull it from Incommon’s metadata feed)
- Use this IDP signing Certificate for decrypting the Ithaca College's IdP response to your SP
- Use this URL to add as your login URL to redirect back to your SP: https://login.ithaca.edu/idp/profile/SAML2/Redirect/SSO
- If you need a test username and password to confirm the integration, please send an email to email@example.com with your contact information so that we may provide you with account information to use for the setup. This will be a username and password which resets at the end of each client setup.
- Service Provider Information
- If your application is able to authenticate using SAML please have your IT department complete this SAML Integration Form.
- For all other methods, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the following information: your contact information, a brief description of the application, methods of authentication.