Below are verbatim comments related to what the college's guiding values should be, gathered during the Fall 2018 all-staff, all-faculty, and Board of Trustees meetings.
- Be accepting/tolerant of ALL religious beliefs and values people hold … inc. Christian community.
- DITTO. Not minimizing those people…their values are as important as pc beliefs
- An institution that develop and retains a culture of respect
- To be seen as a place of acceptance and achievement for traditionally disadvantaged groups
- For IC to become a safe, strong, and sustainable educational haven for a student body that is diverse with respect to age, race, ability, ethnicity, religion, nationality & political beliefs.
- Create a culture for faculty/staff to work and one/equal colleagues
- That white counterparts understand white privilege and how it has worked in their favor even when they didn’t notice.
- Never forget that behind every student, staff and faculty member there is a person, family, and livelihood.