Applicants should be
- Citizens of the United States of America and permanent residents.
- A Person of Color (ethnic and racial identities that have been historically marginalized in U.S. higher education).
- Able to demonstrate current (and past) involvement in social justice service opportunities in their local communities.
- Able to expand upon their leadership involvement and what they’ve learned from these experiences.
Follow these steps to apply to the MLK Scholar Program:
2. Complete the MLK Scholar Program application. The MLK Scholar Program application must be completed by January 15. (Please note that you will not be able to access the application until you have submitted your application for admission to Ithaca College.) Please be prepared to submit 1-2 letters of recommendation.
- Letter(s) of recommendation must speak to your demonstrated leadership and social justice service involvement in your local community. The recommender can be a teacher, school administrator, supervisor, service site supervisor or leader, or someone that has witnessed your leadership and involvement and can speak on behalf of your character and skills.
3. Watch your email. If you are selected as a finalist, you will be invited to an interview with us and participate in related programming on campus in late March.
For more information, contact:
Office of Admission
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850-7000
(607) 274-3124 or (800) 429-4274