Who Is Eligible?
The MLK Scholar Program is open to academically talented U.S. citizens and permanent residents from ethnic and racial backgrounds that have been historically underrepresented in U.S. higher education.
Follow these steps to apply to the MLK Scholar Program:
1. Complete the MLK Scholar Program application in myIthaca. Click on the Scholarships tab to get started. The MLK Scholar Program application must be completed by
- November 1 if you are applying to Ithaca College as an early decision candidate;
- December 1 if you are applying to Ithaca College as an early action candidate or as a regular decision candidate to a program in music or theatre arts; or
- February 1 if you are applying to Ithaca College as a regular decision candidate (all programs except music or theatre arts). Transfer students are not eligible for the MLK Scholar Program.
2. Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application. Auditions and interviews, which are required for certain majors, must also be completed.
3. Watch your email. If you are selected as a finalist, you will be invited to an interview with us and participate in related programming on campus in late March.
For more information, contact:
Office of Admission
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850-7000
(607) 274-3124 or (800) 429-4274