From the home/dashboard, click “Create an Event” (blue box in center), and fill in at least the “Required” fields, and any others that may help. Please note you may or may not see all the fields below, they may be in a different order, and it may look different after the first time you log in.
- EVENT NAME: Please give some indication of the purpose of the room use, and if you don’t mind, include your name. For example: String Quartet/Joe Student.
- EVENT TYPE: choose the most applicable from the choices. Faculty/staff choose an option that starts with those words. Student organizations (officially recognized) use that category. Student requests for other purposes use the “Student (Class/Department)” heading followed by the most appropriate type, usually “Practice/Rehearsal.” If you are going to use the system frequently, you can streamline this step by creating a single, or set of, ‘starred’ type(s). To do this, you have to select the type from the list, and then when it shows up in the window, click the star that appears to the right of the name – it will turn yellow. You can do this multiple times to include all the types you might need. From then on, the Event Type drop-down list will show your starred Types at the top of the list.
- PRIMARY ORGANIZATION FOR THIS EVENT: If this is for a student organization, please use the name of the organization. Otherwise, search for “Music” and select “Music School”. If you click the star that appears to the right of the words “Music School”, then you won’t have to search for that in the future, and the starred organization will appear when you click in the box.
- EXPECTED ATTENDANCE: Required.
- EVENT DATE AND TIME: (1) Enter the requested date. (2) Enter the start and end times. (It is preferred that you not use the ‘additional time’ dropdown but simply put in the start and end times you need.)
- REPEATING PATTERN: If the event will repeat, click on this box and fill in the required information. For example, to do a weekly booking, you’d select weekly, then check the box for the day of the week, and select the last date you’d need it. If any individual weeks are not needed, you can then click on “View All Occurences” and “Remove” any unnecessary dates from the list. “Ad hoc” refers to an irregular series of dates, which you can select on a calendar.
- LOCATIONS: You can type a room number (or, with named rooms, type the name) in the “Search Locations” box, and the room will appear below. If that room is available, there will be a blue “Reserve” box to click on. If it’s not available, it will say so. If you will frequently use this system to search for rooms, it will save you time to set up a starred location search (which is outlined here: https://www.ithaca.edu/music/current_students/roomsignout/roomavailability/), after which you will be able to choose “Starred Locations” from the “Saved Searches (optional)” menu, and then all your starred locations will appear with their availability.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS AND SETUP: This block is not public, so if there’s anything you want us to know about this event, please include it here. If we’re not sure what a request is for, we may ask for more information, or simply deny the request, so a bit of explanation here may be helpful and save us both some time. For instance, it would be very helpful if it’s not obvious from your title that you need a grand piano to let me know here.
- EVENT STATE: Will default to tentative, once approved it becomes confirmed.
The following information blocks are not usually required for this purpose, and can be left blank (or enter NA if it won't let you leave something blank):
INTERNAL ACCOUNT NUMBER
- Click Save. As the screen will remind you, the room reservation is not confirmed until you receive an email that it is confirmed.
If you need to change a confirmed booking:
- You can go in and find your event and change the state to “cancelled,” or otherwise edit to change the date/time/location.
- To find it, you can use “Search Events” in the Quick Search box on the Home page, using the name you gave it.
- The change will still go to facility manager or scheduling and events assistant for approval/denial, so it’s not confirmed till you get the confirmation email.