Instrument and Locker Resources
|Lockers and cabinets are guaranteed for all music majors and minors based upon major instrument.|
- All hall lockers and instrument cabinets must be cleaned out and locks returned by May 21st at 5:00pm.
- The instrument repair shop staff reserves the right to remove items left in lockers past the aforementioned time. The School of Music will not be responsible for any items left in lockers after this date.
- SUMMER LOCKERS will be available for sign out starting May 22nd.
Pre-Assigned Cabinets and Lockers:
Students who play Trumpet, Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba, Cello, Bass, Saxophone, and Guitar are pre-assigned lockers for the academic year.
- When arriving on campus, locker slips with names, locker number and combination can be found in your student mailbox, located in the first floor stairwell on the east side of the building.
- If you are in need of a storage space for a second instrument, please complete the following form. You will be assigned a second locker only after all others have had a chance to submit requests.
Hall Locker Sign-Out Students may request a locker through the online form anytime after June 15, 2013 or at the Instrumental Sign Out window, room 1210, during the first week of classes. Music majors, music minors, and B.M.O students are eligible to sign out a hall locker on a first-come, first-serve basis. The above mentioned large instrument students must wait until two weeks after school has started to request a hall locker in addition to their pre assigned cabinet. Students are reminded that these lockers are the property of the College and should not be defaced in any way.
Recital posters may be posted on student lockers and general bulletin boards. They should not be posted on glass, doors, or painted surfaces, and should be removed once the event is past. While the school celebrates the creativity shown on recital posters, students should bear in mind that visitors of all ages pass through the Whalen Center. Posters in prohibited locations or with inappropriate content are subject to removal.
- Lockers are meant to be used. Do not leave instruments unattended in the halls or rehearsal spaces.
- Lock cabinets and lockers at all times. IC is lucky enough to have a very safe campus, but anything can happen.
- A helpful hint for remembering your lock combination: Make it a contact in your phone so you can always have it available.
- Students are reminded that these lockers are the property of the College and should not be defaced in any way.