Perform at Master Classes for Featured Artists
Announcing opportunities to perform in Master Classes for Featured Artists
If you’re a student of the horn (collegiate, advanced high school, advanced amateur) and would like an opportunity to play in a master class for an IHS 2016 Featured Artist, here’s how:
1. Please submit an MP3 file (or similar) of NO LONGER that 5 minutes of you playing a solo and/or excerpts of your choice—play something that you’d like to perform in the master class. The recording should be sent to <IHS2016@ithaca.edu> and received by Wednesday, 4 May 2016.
2. Include in the email your name, address, email address, phone number, school and private teacher (if applicable), repertoire included on the recording, and your preference for the master class in which you’d like to play (participation in a specific Featured Artist master class cannot be guaranteed, but every attempt will be made to honor requests). Master Class Schedule is listed below, subject to change.
3. Preference will be given to applicants in this order—college students, advanced high school students, advanced amateurs.
4. Selected participants will be notified by Wednesday, 11 May 2016.
5. Participants must be registered to attend IHS 2016 by the final registration deadline, 18 May 2016.
6. Register here: /music/ihs2016/registration/
If you have any questions, please email <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Master Class Schedule*:
Frank Lloyd: Wednesday, 15 June, 9-11am
Nobuaki Fukukawa: Wednesday, 15 June, 10-11am
William VerMeulen: Thursday, 16 June, 9-11am
Bruno Schneider: Thursday, 16 June, 10am-noon
Gail Williams: Friday, 17 June, 10-11am
Pip Eastop: Friday, 17 June, 11am-noon
*Featured Artist Lectures will also be presented by:
Leslie Norton: “American Horn Concertos” on Tuesday, 14 June, 11am
Jeffrey Stockham: “It’s All Part of a Career: Making a Living as a Freelance, Brass Multi-Instrumentalist” on Wednesday, 15 June, 11am