To be considered for the Talent Scholarship or Performance Track, students must submit a video-recorded audition online. A link to the audition portal will be provided following submission of the Camper Application having indicated interest in auditioning. Video auditions are required only for Talent Scholarship & Performance Track applicants.
- Performance Track Applicants should prepare two pieces of contrasting styles and an additional piece of their choice.
- Talent Scholarship Applicants should prepare two pieces of contrasting styles. Additionally, instrumentalists should prepare three scales (major and/or minor).
- Students Applying for Both should prepare two pieces of contrasting styles, an additional piece of their choice, and instrumentalists should also prepare three scales (major and/or minor).
Vocal auditions must be performed with accompaniment. Instrumental auditions must be unaccompanied.
On the day of arrival, students will meet privately with faculty to perform a brief audition to determine seating placement within ensembles and chamber groups.
- Orchestra: The 2018 Orchestra Audition Packet is available now! Download here.
- Wind Ensemble: Wind players and percussionists should plan to perform a solo or etude of their choice. Contrasting musical material (technical and lyrical styles) is preferred. Scales (chromatic through the range of the instrument/major and minor) and rudiments (percussion) may be heard. Sight-reading might also be part of the audition process and will be determined by the individual faculty member.
- Jazz: Please prepare 1-2 solo pieces, plus all known scales/rudiments. Sight-reading may also be required.
- Voice: Vocal students will not have an audition, just a 'voice check' to confirm range, etc. Therefore, no prepared material is necessary.
See more about when the placement auditions will take place on the check-in schedule.