The Performance Track is a supplemental program at the Summer Music Academy designed for students with an advanced performance level who would like additional structured practice time and performance opportunities. Please note:
- A video-recorded audition is required for entrance to this program. A link to upload your audition will be provided after submitting the Camper Application with your Performance Track interest indicated.
- Participants must choose to practice during two (2) of their elective periods and must elect to take four 45-minute private lessons. The SMA will provide a talent scholarship for all private lessons.
- Participants will receive special chamber ensemble consideration, if available
- Participants will be expected to perform at a final Performance Track Recital.
- A maximum of 30 students will be accepted to the Performance Track.
- Students are accepted on a rolling basis.
Students interested in applying to the Performance Track must first apply to the Summer Music Academy and indicate their interest in the Performance Track. Afterwards, you will be contacted with a link to an upload portal for your audition materials. After uploading the materials, our faculty will review the footage and get back to you with your acceptance decision within 5-10 business days. You do not need to be accepted to the Performance Track to attend the Summer Music Academy.
Audition material requirements for the Performance Track can be found on the Audition page.
All audition materials, including the camper application and supplemental materials (audition recordings, etc.), must be received by April 15. Due to a rolling acceptance process, we encourage individuals to submit their materials as soon as possible.
Please contact us if you have any questions.