The Performance Track is a supplemental program at the Summer Music Academy designed for students with an advanced performance level who would like additional structured practice time and performance opportunities. Please note:
- A video-recorded audition is required for entrance to this program. A link to upload your audition will be provided upon Performance Track application submission.
- Participants must choose to practice during two (2) of their elective periods and must elect to take four 45-minute private lessons. The SMA will provide a talent scholarship for all private lessons.
- Participants will receive special chamber ensemble consideration, if available
- Participants will be expected to perform at a final Performance Track Recital.
- A maximum of 30 students will be accepted to the Performance Track.
To apply for the 2018 Performance Track, first apply to the Summer Music Academy and indicate your interest in the Performance Track. Afterwards, you will be contacted with a link to an upload portal for your audition materials. Audition material requirements can be found here. After uploading your audition materials, our faculty will review the footage and get back to you with your acceptance decision within 5-10 business days. You do not need to be accepted to the Performance Track to attend the Summer Music Academy.
Students interested in applying to the Performance Track must first apply to the Summer Music Academy and indicate their interest in applying for the Performance Track.
Please contact us if you have any questions.