Below is a summary of some of the usage statistics for myHome.
Note: Ithaca College has approximately 6,000 students and 1,200 faculty and staff.
Release 1.0 (August 2008)
- Use of myHome version 1.0 was optional.
- Within the first 45 days of its release over 2,668 students and 431 faculty & staff used myHome.
- The daily use numbers for release 1.0 were amazingly consistent, with about 1,200 students and 200 faculty & staff signing on each week day.
- 53% of the users signed on from ResNet, 16% from off campus, 14% from a computer lab, another 14% from an office or elsewhere on campus, and 3% via our wireless network.
- On average a person signed into myHome 2.5 times per day. The peak login time was the noon hour, although people have signed into myHome at all hours of the day and night.
- By March 2009, 4,331 students and 778 faculty and staff had used myHome.
Release 2.0 (August 2009)
- As of August 10, 2009 anyone wishing to access the college’s Webmail service had to do so by logging into myHome. Direct access to Webmail was blocked.
- myHome version 2.0 was released in late August 2009.
- As of 9/1/2009 we were experiencing about 20,000 myHome logins per day.
- In September 2009 and October 2009, on average about 80% of the campus population (students, faculty and staff) log into myHome each weekday.
- On a typical day we experience well over 1,000 myHome logins per hour between 9 AM and 11 PM.