1. Students are responsible for the packing, shipment, or delivery of their artwork to NCUR 2011 and any associated costs. We strongly suggest that students insure their shipment because NCUR and Ithaca College are not responsible for any damages in the shipment of items to and from the NCUR 2011 Conference.
2. Artwork must be shipped to: Erika Fowler-Decatur, Handwerker Gallery, Ithaca College, 953 Danby Road, Ithaca, NY 14850.
3. For ease in unpacking, do not use wooden crates unless Phillips head screws are used. Please do not use Styrofoam peanuts; use only bubble wrap or Styrofoam sheets for packing.
4. If shipping multiple cartons, label cartons 1 of 4, 2 of 4, 3 of 4, etc.
5. Artwork must be shipped in a container that can be reused for artwork return after the exhibition closes (maximum dimensions: 165" total length and girth and maximum weight of 150 pounds).
6. Oil and acrylic paintings must be mounted on stretchers. Frame paintings (a simple lattice strip frame will suffice). Drawings, photographs, and prints must be framed. Do not ship any artwork framed with glass - use Plexiglas. (Works dropped off in person rather than shipped can be framed in glass.)
- All hanging hardware must be in place on the artwork. Do not use eZ ready-made or poster frames on artworks. Use standard metal moldings with snap, screw, or euro hangers with spring clips and wire for hanging or standard wood moldings with screw eyes and wire for hanging. Artwork mounted with only Plexiglas/glass and mirror hooks will not be accepted, and velcro or double-sided tape cannot be used on the gallery walls. Three-dimensional work must be stable and secure. The Gallery reserves the right to refuse any work that is not properly framed and ready to hang or that is unstable or otherwise dangerous.
- A checklist must be attached to the back of each artwork
including the student’s name, address, and phone number.
Presenters with multiple artworks must indicate 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3
of 3, etc. both on the checklist for each piece and each shipping
carton. The checklist must follow this format:
- Dimensions (unframed) in inches: H x W for 2-D work; H x W x D for 3-D work. (For irregular works, measure widest point.)
- Insurance Value
- Special Instructions. (Include installation images and instructions for installation pieces and multi-piece works. The Gallery has a very limited number of pedestals, so please indicate whether you will need one.)
7. All artwork must remain on display until 5:00 pm, Saturday,
April 2. Students hand-carrying their work back can retrieve and
re-pack it from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 2 or 10:00 a.m.
– 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 3.
8. Return shipments will be shipped from the Handwerker Gallery by Thursday, April 7, 2011.