Wireless access is available in all on-campus buildings.
However, the process for gaining access differs for academic versus
Access in nonresidential meeting spaces and buildings:
To get connected:
- View available wireless networks.
- Select ICAirnet.
- Open a web browser.
- Enter an email address.
- Click the option to proceed unsecured.
Please note that if your browser’s default home page is a secure page (that is, if its URL starts with https), an error message may be displayed. You can either ignore the error or temporarily change your browser’s default home page to an http page.
You can view a map of WiFi hot spots at ithaca.edu/map/#wifi. On the
map, residential hot spots are represented by a brown symbol;
nonresidential hot spots are represented by a blue symbol.
Access in residential buildings:
If you are staying in our residence halls, you will find special
instructions in your room for connecting to our residential WiFi
For questions related to computers, connectivity, and classroom
technology, you may contact IC's Help Desk between 8:00 a.m. and
5:00 p.m. at 607-274-1000. The Information Technology Services
(ITS) Help Desk is located in 104 Job Hall.
All presentation classrooms contain the following equipment and software:
- Windows 7 computer
- Microsoft Office 2010
- LCD projector
- Internet connectivity
- Program sound
- CD/DVD player
- Display table
Support for presenters will include the following:
- All presentation computers will automatically log in.
- Each morning the projectors and computers will be up and running in each presentation room.
- Every presentation room will have a phone number posted for requests for technical assistance.
- 104 Friends Hall is a dedicated classroom, which is available to presenters for testing their presentations prior to their sessions on a first-come, first-served basis.