Dear Staff and Faculty,
What an amazing weekend! I want to offer my sincere appreciation for the incredible effort and countless hours that so many of you contributed to our spectacular slate of student-centered events during Commencement weekend.
Our campus, our college, and our community absolutely shined during Sunday’s ceremony, Saturday’s Commencement Eve Concert, and so many more significant moments throughout the weekend. Not only did your work honor our students’ accomplishments and their families’ investment in our institution, it reflected our deep commitment to providing the best possible student experience every day of the year and our real pride in this learning community.
I want to call out the contributions of a few individuals and groups, and I hope you’ll join me in offering appreciation for their work:
The many members of the Ithaca College staff who offered their time by serving as ushers for the graduate hooding ceremony, the Commencement Eve Concert, and on Sunday as field or stadium ushers;
- The members of the Commencement planning committee, capably led by Doreen Hettich-Atkins, director of strategic planning and administration; David Prunty, executive director of auxiliary services; and MaryAnn Taylor, executive assistant to the provost;
- Vikki Levine, registrar, and her team;
- Margie Malepe, director of conference and event services, and her team, especially Peter Alario, Valerie Kelly, and Joe Menduni;
- From the provost’s office, Stephanie St. John, who led the efforts around the graduate hooding ceremony;
- Bill Kerry, public safety director, and his team, who stepped up to ensure a smooth and safe slate of events; and
- Matt Walters, Ernie McClatchie, and Dave Heichel, who led our facilities crews to make our campus bright and beautiful.
Finally, I want to offer my deep gratitude to the 220+ faculty members who attended Sunday’s ceremony. Thank you for being there to cheer on our students in the faculty chute and for your ongoing, outstanding support of their journeys here at Ithaca College.
I hope all of you take some much deserved time this summer to rest and recharge, and I thank you, once more, for your work this weekend and for your work throughout the year. Your individual contributions enable our community and our students to thrive.
All my best,
Shirley M. Collado