Can I earn major or minor credit for study abroad courses?

It is possible to earn major, minor, General Education, liberal arts or elective credit for study abroad courses. Before you leave campus, you will complete a Petition for Transfer Credit for each course you intend to take overseas. You should work carefully with your advisor to select courses that will fulfill your requirements and personal interests. It is best to save some elective credits for your study abroad semester. Your adviser, dean and any relevant department chairs must then approve all courses you have selected.