In light of recent world events, Ithaca College would like you to know what we are doing, and what you can do, to make your international travel as safe as possible.
Ithaca College Emergency Response Team:
Ithaca College has a Comprehensive Emergency Response Team in place to respond in the case of challenging situations at home and abroad. If you are an Ithaca College student or employee and have registered with the College for a study abroad program or international travel, Ithaca College will be in touch to confirm your safety in the event of an incident occurring in the world region in which you are registered. We ask that you please take the time to respond to any such communications promptly.
In addition to registering your travel with Ithaca College, all travelers should also register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at the U.S. Department of State, which is a free service to allow U.S. Citizens and nationals traveling abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
Are you an Ithaca College student traveling internationally?
- If you are participating in an Ithaca College, affiliated, or non-affiliated study abroad program, make sure you have registered your program with the Office of International Programs and Extended Studies (OIPES) in the Terra Dotta system. All students who study abroad must meet with a study abroad adviser in OIPES, must attend a study abroad orientation(s), and complete all College requirements prior to program departure.
- If you are not going with a formal program, but are traveling internationally through the College in order to do an internship, research etc., contact OIPES and let us know the details so that we can provide you with a registration link.
- If you are traveling abroad through Ithaca College (either on a formal study abroad program or independently), you will be covered under the Ithaca College international insurance policy. The cost of coverage for 2018 is $2.34 per day that you will be abroad. Be sure to print out your ID card and read about the benefits prior to departure for your program.
- If you are traveling abroad through an affiliated or non-affiliated program, you will be covered under their international policy (if they provide one). If they do not provide coverage, we recommend purchasing insurance intended for international usage.
- Take a look at the US Department of State's U.S. Students Abroad page.
Are you an Ithaca College employee traveling internationally?
- Be sure to register your travel and provide complete trip information in the Ithaca College International Travel Registry.
- Make note of the contact information and coverage details provided regarding the international insurance plan under which you will be covered while traveling abroad on College business.
- Make note of the resources for international travelers which include helpful links and tips for preparing for travel.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
Please do not hesitate to contact us at 607-274-3306 or email@example.com if you should have any questions.