These meetings are for accepted Summer and Fall 2019 London Center students only.
All students going to London in the Summer or Fall of 2019 are required to attend a mandatory orientation.
- Main Orientation: Sat.,3/23; 9:00-1:00; Textor 102
- Make-up Orientation: Mon.,3/25; 6:00-9:00; Location TBD
Visa & Internship Orientations
All students going to London who will be in one of the following categories are required to attend one of the Visa & Internship orientations. These sessions will cover important topics related to UK immigration regulations, critical information and instructions for those needing a visa, the internship placement process and reasonable expectations for an internship in London
- Those planning to do an internship in London (Note that your acceptance into the internship program will be contingent upon you attending the Student Visa/Internship Orientation)
- Those wishing to work part-time, either doing work-study at the London Center or outside of the London Center (note: finding outside jobs can be difficult, and students should not count on being able to do so)
- Those who will be in the U.K. for more than 6 months
- In some cases, those who are “visa nationals”; that is, those who are citizens of countries other than the U.S.
- Thurs., 2/28; 12:10-1:00; Textor 103
- Tues., 3/5; 12:10-1:00; Textor 103
Visa Review and Q&A
This meeting is for those who already attended one of the Visa & Internship orientations and still have questions or need assistance with understanding the visa application process. It is not mandatory, but any student needing visa information is welcome to attend.
- Thurs., 3/21; 1210-1:00; Textor 103
London Coffee Talk Meet and Greet
Coffee Talks are regularly held at our London Center; they are informal events when students, staff, and faculty can gather together to enjoy refreshments and discuss everything from classwork to cricket. If you're heading to London in the Spring, stop by the Coffee Talk to say hello to the London Center representative on campus for orientation, and to sample some British biscuits (with a cup of tea or coffee, of course). Students who have already been to London will also be there to give advice and answer questions.
- Fri., 3/22; 3:00-5:00; Job 209