Welcome to Ithaca College!
We know that going to college—including transferring to a different college—can be simultaneously exhilarating and overwhelming. Summer orientation is here to help all our new and transfer students navigate this significant transition in an intentional way. This includes opportunities to:
- Meet new friends and learn about campus life
- Attend educational workshops and unique social events
- Become familiarized with academic and social resources
- Begin building an educational plan with a faculty advisor
- Register for your first semester courses
All new and transfer students must attend a summer orientation program. Family members (parents and/or guardians) are also invited to attend orientation for a unique family-focused experience.
What actually happens at orientation?
Review our sample orientation schedules to get an idea of how your day(s) will look.
- New Student and Family Schedule (click here)
- Transfer Student and Family TENTATIVE Schedule (click here)
How can you prepare for orientation?
After signing up for an orientation session, read through this orientation guide and follow the appropriate orientation to-do list.
When is orientation?
All students sign up for orientation through their myIthaca account. This includes signing up family members and sharing specific needs and accommodations with the orientation staff.
- Transfer students sign up for their orientation session scheduled on Monday, June 19, with an option of attending extended transfer orientation on Sunday, June 18.
- New student sessions occur throughout the months of June and July. All sessions happen on either Monday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Friday, and students will be able to select specific sessions available to them through their myIthaca account (in April).