Welcome to Ithaca College!
We know that going to college—including transferring to a different college—can be simultaneously exhilarating and overwhelming. Summer orientation is here to help all our new and transfer students navigate this significant transition in an intentional way, including:
- Meeting new friends and learning about campus life
- Attending educational workshops and unique social events
- Gaining exposure to academic and social challenges ahead
- Meeting with a faculty advisor to start building an educational plan
- Registering for your first semester courses
All new and transfer students must attend a summer orientation program. Family members (parents and/or guardians) are also invited to attend orientation for a unique family-focused experience.
What actually happens at orientation?
Review our sample orientation schedules to get an idea of how your day(s) will look.
- New Student TENTATIVE Schedule (will be live in April)
- Transfer Student TENTATIVE Schedule (will be live in April)
How can you prepare for orientation?
After signing up for an orientation session, read through this orientation guide and follow the appropriate orientation to-do list.
- New Student To-Do List (will be live in April)
- Transfer Student To-Do List (will be live in April)
When is orientation?
All students sign up for orientation through their myIthaca account. This includes signing up family members and sharing specific needs and accommodations with the orientation staff.
- Transfer students sign up for orientation on Monday, June 19, with an option of attending extended transfer orientation on Sunday, June 18.
- New student sessions occur throughout the months of June and July. All sessions happen on either Monday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Friday, and students will be able to select specific sessions available to them through their myIthaca account (in April).