Welcome to Ithaca College!
We know that going to college—including transferring to a different college—can be simultaneously exhilarating and overwhelming. Summer orientation is here to help all our new and transfer students navigate this significant transition in an intentional way, including:
- Meeting new friends and learning about campus life
- Attending educational workshops and unique social events
- Gaining exposure to academic and social challenges ahead
- Meeting with a faculty advisor to start building an educational plan
- Registering for your first semester courses
All new and transfer students must attend a summer orientation program. Family members (parents and/or guardians) are also invited to attend orientation for a unique family-focused experience.
How can you prepare for orientation?
After signing up for an orientation session, read through this orientation guide and follow the appropriate orientation to-do list.
When is orientation?
All students sign up for orientation through their myIthaca account. This includes signing up family members and sharing specific needs and accommodations with the orientation staff.
- Transfer students sign up for orientation on Saturday, June 17,
with an option of also attending extended transfer orientation on
Sunday, June 18.
- New student sessions occur throughout June and July. All sessions happen Monday-Wednesday, Wednesday-Friday, or Sunday-Tuesday; students may select specific sessions available to them through their myIthaca account.