New York State Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP)

Financial Aid

What is financial aid and will my tuition plus living expenses be entirely covered by HEOP?

No. In many cases, the New York State-based HEOP grant and HEOP-institutional funds are normally sufficient for meeting the educational cost of attendance at Ithaca College for 4-5 years but not a 100% guarantee.  Financial aid may consist of loans, scholarships, and grants.  Nearly all financial aid at any college or university is based on demonstrated financial need.  Each HEOP student is awarded financial aid (grants and loans) based on their specific financial need.

Your financial need is based on all of the financial documents collected during the admission process.  Through the Student Financial Services review and financial aid packaging process you or your parent(s) may need to apply for a student loan(s) to help meet the cost of attendance.  Your family's expected family contribution (EFC) should be requested from SFS before you decide to attend Ithaca College. 

Please be sure to read ALL documents before accepting student or personal loans. ***Please ensure that the correct or appropriate person(s) signs any and all loan forms as instructed.  As an example, under the William D. Ford Federal Direct Student Loan Program it reads:

WARNING: Any person who knowingly makes a false statement or misrepresentation on this form or accompanying documents is subject to penalties that may include fines, imprisonment, or both, under the U.S. Criminal Code and 20 U.S.C. 1097.


Before and during your four or five years at Ithaca College, it is your ongoing responsibility to know what will be covered by financial aid before you decide to attend each semester.  You must sign all financial aid related documents in a timely manner to ensure your financial aid package is completed.   


                                    Check out:  Back to School Budgeting


If you have any questions about your educational expenses and HEOP financial aid, please contact Julie Hickman-Godoy in Student Financial Services.