Financial Aid Requirements: Your GPA and Credits


Satisfactory Academic Progress - State and Federal Standards

You must meet these updated standards for continuous HEOP consideration, in addition to federal aid.

HEOP Requirements: Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) Previous document located here.  


Academic Eligibility Criteria for Continuing HEOP Students

Each institution establishes its minimum academic requirements for receipt of State student aid in its "program pursuit and satisfactory academic progress" criteria.  These requirements have been submitted and approved by the State Education Department.  Minimum satisfactory academic progress requirements for opportunity program students should be the same, unless a separate HEOP Pursuit and Progress Chart has been submitted and approved by HEOPSED. 


For example, if an HEOP student is ineligible for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) for academic reasons, the student is also ineligible for HEOP.


***Please contact Julie Hickman-Godoy in Student Financial Services if you have any questions.